In a recent publication by Harvard University, a medical study shows that the body benefits more when people sleep on either their backs or side. The study found that these two sleep positions help in eliminating and alleviating neck and back pain. It also established that sleeping on your stomach could damage the spine, hence it is not recommended at all. From the study, people who used certain types of pillows did not experience neck and back pain.
1. Sleep Innovations Pillow (Contour Memory Foam)
A pillow plays a crucial role when it comes to comfort and your health. Doctors have even established a relationship between back pain and medical conditions like migraines and chronic headaches. The sleep innovations contour pillow has been developed to be one of the best pillows, especially for people who sleep on their back and side. It’s designed with contours which mold to the shape of your head and neck without being too soft or hard. Medically speaking, this is one of the best pillows for comfort and nights of good rest.
The contour design of the pillow takes the sleeping experience to the next level by allowing your upper body to mold into it for sufficient support and extra comfort. Most traditional pillows do not have the quality to withstand the weight of most people, which makes them very inefficient. This is the reason this pillow was designed. It provides enough support without having to contort, fold, or bunch it.
This pillow has been voted as one of the best pillows for side and back sleepers for many reasons. Some of its unique features include:
The ergonomic design of this pillow matches contours like those of your body. This design helps to support vital organs and prevent the nerves in your neck and shoulders from being pinched. The pillow has been manufactured with Sure Temp Foam, which has been designed to prevent the build of heat.
This allows you to rest throughout the night without waking up in sweaty discomfort. The airflow technology of the Sure Temp Foam not only prevents heat build-up, but also prevents the buildup of moisture on the pillow. Mildew and mold won’t grow on the pillow cover, making it hypoallergenic and better for health all around. It is an excellent option for people who suffer from allergens.
Made in the USA by Sleep Innovations
This pillow has been designed and manufactured in the United States. Its inner core is thick and shaped for resilience. Its gentle “V” design has thick edges and a hollow center, which help the head lower to an ideal position, making it one of the best pillows for side sleepers.
The cover is easy to maintain since it is removable and made from terry velour, a very soft and luxurious fabric. It can be machine washed and quickly hung dried or put into the dryer. Sleep Innovations is also a very reputable company when it comes to manufacturing pillows. All of their pillows come with a five-year warranty against flattening and any other defects.
Advantages of This Sleep Innovations Pillow
- It provides adequate support for the head, shoulders, and neck. You do not have to fold it for extra support.
- It comes with a five-year factory warranty. This means guaranteed quality of your pillow for that duration of time!
- Perfect for back and side sleepers
- Comes with multiple sleeping profiles. You will choose depending on your preferences
- Provides extra comfort without being too soft or hard
- Comes with a 2-in-1 design
Disadvantages of the Contour Memory Foam Pillow
Though this pillow has been designed to be one of the best in the market, it also has some drawbacks:
- Customers who had purchased a previous version of the pillow claimed that the current version is not as firm as its predecessors
- The pillow may not be firm enough to support pregnant mothers on their sides
There is nothing better than hearing what other consumers have to say about a product. It gives you first-hand information about the pillow before you even try it.
Many buyers on Amazon are happy with the pillow. Though there are a few critical reviews, most consumers say that the pillow has been serving them as promised. Have a look at what some of the buyers had to say about the pillow:
“I am a side sleeper, and I didn’t think that I could get a pillow that would support my head enough. This pillow is what I have spent years looking for.”
“I was able to buy it within my budget, and I can’t regret that decision. It is a god-send.”
“I like the molding feature. I no longer need to fold my pillow to get the kind of comfort I need.”
From a consumer’s point of view, the Sleep Innovations Memory Foam Pillow is an excellent choice for those who are seeking a high-quality pillow without having to spend a lot of money.
Its scientific design adequately supports the neck, shoulders, and head to guarantee you comfort throughout the entire night. Anybody in the family can use the pillow, especially those who wake with neck and back pain.
2. Sleep Innovations Pillow (Memory Foam Classic)
With the wide variety of pillows on the market attempting to appease certain customers, it can be difficult to select a pillow for your needs. Luckily for those who prefer to sleep on their sides and stomach, the Sleep Innovations Memory Foam Classic Pillow provides sleepers with a quality pillow. Not only can it help you avoid neck and back pain, but also assist in alleviating pain caused by other, less comfortable pillows.
A Perfect Combination of Size, Stability, and Softness
Unlike many other memory foam pillows that can either be too squishy or feel like you’re sleeping on concrete, the Sleep Innovations Memory Foam Classic Pillow is balanced. They kept the consumer in mind when they created this pillow.
Designed with attention to detail for relieving stress from important pressure points throughout the human body, the Classic Foam Pillow from Sleep Innovations merged the superior support provided by memory foam technology and the basic design of traditional pillows. Although the pillow seems ordinary at first, once a sleeper places their head on it the difference becomes clear.
By forming to the shape of the sleeper’s neck and head, tossing and turning will be a thing of the past—effectively limiting the stress placed upon key pressure points. The pillow cradles your head gently so you can get to sleep quicker. You’ll remain undisturbed for longer so you can get some quality sleep. Wake up refreshed and ready to take on the day!
It is common fact that those who sleep on their sides have a more difficult time finding a pillow that provides adequate comfort. Sleep Innovations wanted to change that. By designing their Classic Foam Pillow, they achieved spectacular results. Because it sits lower (is less tall) than the majority of memory foam pillows, it allows sleepers to align themselves with the mattress and limit the uncomfortable angles endured by the neck, shoulders, and jaw.
One of the key benefits of the Sleep Innovations Classic Foam Pillow is it’s a singular piece of solid foam. Many other memory foam pillows implement multiple foam pieces, which leads to deterioration and shifting of material over time that can negatively affect your sleeping experience.
By using a single foam foundation, the pillow provides comfort without unnecessary thickness. This allows you to sleep at a less-intense angle—relieving harmful pressure and contortions of the neck.
Memory Foam Made Specifically for Side Sleepers
Side sleepers of the world, your pleas have finally been heard! Sleep Innovations has created the perfect pillow for you.
While a large percentage of memory foam pillows are made with the thought of people sleeping on their backs in mind, this pillow is for the underserved side sleepers. By increasing density rather than height, the final product is a sturdy pillow that cradles the sleeper’s neck at a forgiving angle. It reduces the need to reposition your pillow so you can get better rest.
While most of the foam pillows marketed to side sleepers come with a hefty price tag, this pillow won’t break your bank.
Advantages of the Sleep Innovations Memory Foam Classic Pillow
- The 16 x 22 x 5 dimensions are the perfect size for those tired of oversized pillows.
- The single-piece foam makeup creates a heavier pillow (3 lbs) that prevents unwanted shifts while you’re trying to sleep.
- The foam used in this pillow is made directly in the United States of America.
- The pillow comes with a limited five-year warranty—noticeably longer than other pillows.
- Its durable, long-lasting foam ensures that the shape and firmness will hold up over time; you won’t need to replace this pillow often.
- Standard pillow cases fit this pillow.
- Perfect for pillow fights on those nights when you just can’t fall asleep!
Disadvantages of the Sleep Innovations Memory Foam Classic Pillow
- Previous customers have said that the pillow might take some time to break in and allow it to shape to your sleep needs.
- Because it is designed for individuals who sleep on their sides or stomachs, this pillow might not be ideal for those who sleep on their backs.
What Customers are Saying
With pillows—made for personal use—it’s important to get an accurate sense of how the previous customer base feels about the product before you purchase. When it comes to the Sleep Innovations Memory Foam Classic Pillow, the results are in—and people rave about it. Here are some compliments shared by past customers:
- “After more than two years this pillow is still working as perfectly as the week I purchased it. I would have paid quite a great deal more money for this product; that is how happy I am with it.”
- I searched for this pillow for years and was afraid that I would never find another one. Luckily, I did, and boy has it changed my life. Sleep used to be difficult for me most days, now I have no problem falling asleep and staying asleep.”
- “After many doctors told me that I might need to stop sleeping on my side, I found the Memory Foam Classic, and my sleep problems are a thing of the past. I will gladly buy another of these pillows when this one runs its course.”
A Comfortable Conclusion for the Consumer
After delving deep into the Sleep Innovations Memory Foam Classic Pillow, the verdict is in. It’s an affordable option at the top-tier of personal-use memory foam pillows. The manufacturers hoped to improve quality of sleep for side sleepers, and Sleep Innovations succeeded.
Many memory foam pillows boast a sturdy construction and an ergonomic design that benefits sleepers, but when Sleep Innovations says it, they mean it. This pillow, constructed with a single piece of specially-designed foam, cradles your neck and allows you to find your comfort zone. It will not lose its shape or deteriorate over time, meaning you’ll be able to stay comfortable and catch some quality z’s.